Blog Background

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pride and Prejudice (2005) movie review



I'd been wanting to watch this movie for quite awhile but never had a chance til a friend brought it over the other day. To say the least, I liked it. A lot. Keira Knightly played  the part of Lizzy Bennett to perfection, in my opinion. Others may or may not agree. I don't hold that against them. 


Elizabeth Bennett. Her character is the fun loving happy girl who likes to make the most out of life. A favorite quote of mine is:

Lizzy: [to Mr. Darcy] don't you dance?
Mr. Darcy: Not if I can help it.               
[I laughed so hard at that scene]

Mr. Darcy was also very well acted. At first I thought he was much to sober, and I just wanted to slap a smile on his face. But as you watch the movie you realise that he's not always sober. He just doesn't show his true feelings as much as a lot of other people. I believe he is in this movie like Jane Austen pictured him.


Jane Bennett. She is slightly more reserved then Lizzy but still a very amazing character and suited her Mr. Bingley to a T.

Mr. Collins. To say the least he gave me the willies. But the movie wouldn't be quite right without him. (To laugh at;))

THIS SCENE MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD. oops. Excuse the caps lock. But seriously though.
Mr. Bingley: [Practicing proposing, with Mr. Darcy as Jane.] Miss Bennett.
Mr. Darcy: [bows] Mr. Bingley. 

-Quotes-
Mrs. Bennett: Oh, Mr. Bennett. The way you carry on anyone would think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance. When you die, Mr. Bennett. Which may in fact be very soon. Our girls will be left without a roof over their heads or a penny to their name.

Lizzy: Oh, please mama, it's ten in the morning.
........................................

Northfield butler: a Mrs. Bennett, a Miss Bennett, a Miss Bennett, and a Miss Bennett.

Caroline Bingley:  Oh for heaven's sake. Are we to receive every Bennett in the country?
........................................

Mrs. Bennett: Oh for goodness sake, everyone behave naturally.
........................................


And with that I must go. Xxx Daisy.






No comments:

Post a Comment